John R. Guenard is a litigator who handles commercial disputes, civil and criminal appeals, and government investigations.
Mr. Guenard graduated summa cum laude from Tulane Law School in 2009 and was a member of the Order of the Coif. He also served as the Editor in Chief of the Tulane Law Review. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California at Santa Barbara in 2001.
Mr. Guenard is a U.S. Army veteran. As an infantry officer, he served combat tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan. As a judge advocate, his assignments included separate, consecutive roles as prosecuting trial attorney and defense counsel while stationed in the Middle East, Asia, and the United States.
Mr. Guenard continues to serve as a judge advocate in the Louisiana Army National Guard, holding the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
News & Recognition
- Best Lawyers, “Ones to Watch,” Commercial Litigation, New Orleans, Louisiana (2021 – 22)
- Member, Tulane Law Review Board of Advisory Editors
- District of Columbia
- Order of the Coif
- Editor in Chief, Tulane Law Review
- Faculty Medal (graduating first in law class)
- Dean’s Medal (highest third-year grade average)
- Civil Law Studies Award (highest grade average in the civil law curriculum)
- Hon. Edith Brown Clement, U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2015 – 16.