Jamie Cangelosi concentrates her practice in commercial litigation, where she represents universities, oil and gas companies, law firms and attorneys, manufacturers, and other commercial entities.
She also practices transactional law, particularly with regard to the oil and gas industry, including drafting and negotiating contracts and handling general corporate matters.
She represents both debtors and creditors in Chapter 11 reorganization cases and in bankruptcy litigation arising out of such cases, including grocery store chains, major fast food franchises, shipyards, oil and gas companies, apartment complexes, officers and directors in corporate disputes, and business services companies.
Year Admitted to Practice:
Other Professional Experience:
Associate with the law firm Heller, Draper, Patrick & Horn, L.L.C. (New Orleans, Louisiana) (2000-08)
Lecturer for the Federal Bar Association:
“Bankruptcy for Beginners”
Professional, Business & Civic Affiliations:
• Vice-Chair, International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (Louisiana Network) (2011-14)
• Fellow, Louisiana Bar Foundation
• Member, Louisiana State and Federal Bar Associations
• Member, New Orleans Bar Association
• Member, Phi Delta Phi
• Committee member and food chairperson, Children's Hospital Sugarplum Ball (2012-present)
• Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana (B.A., cum laude, 1997)
• Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana (J.D., 2000)
• Shelton v. Board of Supervisors of Southern University and A&M College, 532 Fed. Appx. 558 (5th Cir. 2013)
• KAI Enterprises, L.L.C. v. Boh Bros. Const. Co., L.L.C., 731 F.Supp. 2d 568 (E.D. La. 2010)
• In re SGSM Acquisition Co., L.L.C. (G.H. Leidenheimer Baking Company, Ltd. v. R. Patrick Sharp, III; Patton Sausage Company, Inc.
et al. v. R. Patrick Sharp, III), 439 F.3d 233 (5th Cir. 2006)
• In re JJSA Liquidation Trust (Placid Refining Co. v. Oakridge Consulting, Inc.), 203 Fed.Appx. 572 (5th Cir. 2006)
• In re Gilbertson Restaurants, L.L.C., 2005 WL 783063 (Bankr. N.D. Iowa 2005)
• In re JJSA Liquidation Trust (Oakridge Consulting, Inc. v. J&A Snack Foods, Inc.), 2004 WL 1900513 (E.D. La. 2004)
• Mills v. Benson Motor Co. of New Orleans, Inc., 798 So.2d 283, 01-273 (La.App. 5 Cir. 9/25/01)