- 504.569.0076 Tel
- PDF Bio
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Casualty / Personal Injury
Tulane Law School, J.D., 2012, magna cum laude
- Managing Editor, Tulane Law Review
University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A. (double-major), 2006, with distinction
Hon. Ethel S. Julien, Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans, Judicial Internship, 2010
Anders Holmgren’s practice includes commercial litigation, casualty/personal injury, corporate law, and civil appeals. Mr. Holmgren has successfully represented his clients’ interests at all levels of Louisiana’s court system.
Mr. Holmgren graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, with distinction, in 2006, and he earned his law degree magna cum laude from Tulane Law School in 2012. While at Tulane, he concentrated his studies in Louisiana’s civil law, earning a Civil Law certificate. Mr. Holmgren served as a managing editor of the Tulane Law Review and was a student-attorney with the Tulane Civil Litigation Clinic. He also enjoyed volunteering at the Pro Bono Project. In recognition of his efforts, Tulane Law School named him the 2011 Pro Bono Law Student of the Year.
- Eastern District of Louisiana (2015). Representing the owner of natural gas liquids that were lost in a fire that occurred after a tugboat struck a pipeline in a bayou. Following discovery and motion practice, successfully obtained a favorable settlement.
- Louisiana Supreme Court (2014). Representing a plaintiff in a putative class action against a major health insurer, enrolled after the Louisiana Supreme Court granted the insurer’s writ application and docketed the case for full review. After oral argument, prevailed in a 5-2 ruling that allowed the insured to sue the health insurer for contract liability arising from an in-network provider’s balance-billing.
- U. S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (2014). Representing a national title insurer, successfully won on summary judgment the dismissal of a venture-capital firm’s claim against the title insurer for reimbursement of a $10 million loan balance. The U.S. Fifth Circuit unanimously affirmed the judgment.
- 24th Judicial District Court, Parish of Jefferson (2014). Representing a wholesale insurance broker against claims by an insured related to the procurement of an insurance policy. Obtained dismissal of all claims against the broker, resulting in a favorable settlement pending appeal.
- Eastern District of Louisiana (2013). Representing a majority shareholder of a real-estate firm who had been sued individually in connection with a derivative action. Successfully moved for dismissal for failure to state a claim.
Other Recent Engagements
- Representing an investor in a dispute arising out of the purchase of stock in a regional roadway-construction business.
- Representing as appellate counsel dozens of workers in high-stakes personal-injury litigation arising out of an explosion at a chemical-processing plant.
- Representing a severely injured motorist in claims against a trucking company.
- Litigating wrongful-death claims related to a former Navy service-member’s asbestos exposure.
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Louisiana Bar Association
- Member, New Orleans Bar Association
- Member, Louisiana Supreme Court Historical Society
- Student-attorney, Tulane Civil Litigation Clinic
News & Recognition
- 2012 Recipient of the Charles Janvier II Award for production excellence, Tulane Law Review
- 2011 Pro Bono Law Student of the Year, Pro Bono Project (Tulane Law School) *Flanagan Partners LLP – Tier 1 ranking in Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation, Insurance, and Oil & Gas – U.S. News/Best Lawyers (2013-15)
- Louisiana (2012)
- U. S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (2012)
- U. S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana (2012)
- U. S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana (2012)
- U. S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana (2012)