The audience, and its expectations, are different on appeal. Our lawyers, with skills honed in appellate clerkships and years of practice, know the terrain. We know how to craft persuasive themes and make a brief stand out in a crowd. We have argued before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, the Louisiana Supreme Court, and all five state appellate courts. Frequently retained after entry of a trial-court judgment, we take pride in our ability to advocate our clients' positions in the briefing process and at oral argument. The firm's appellate section is led by Thomas Flanagan, whom Best Lawyers named the 2015 New Orleans Appellate Practice "Lawyer of the Year."
Click below to read about a few of our latest wins:
- Emigh v. West Calcasieu Cameron Hosp. (representing the appellee)
- In re West Feliciana Acquisition, L.L.C. (representing the appellee)
- Sabillon v. Max Specialty Ins. Co. (representing the appellee)
- Moreno v. Entergy Corporation (representing the petitioner)
- C. R. Pittman Construction Co. v. National Fire Insurance Company of Hartford (representing the appellant)
- Rainey v. Entergy Gulf States, Inc. (representing the respondent)