Mr. Dupre concentrates his practice in commercial litigation and civil appeals. He served as a law clerk to Louisiana Supreme Court Justice Jeffrey P. Victory and formerly was a judicial intern to Judge James J. Brady of the United States Middle District of Louisiana in Baton Rouge. He received his law degree magna cum laude from the Louisiana State University's Paul M. Hebert Law Center. Mr. Dupre, who was a member of the Louisiana Law Review, graduated in the top 10 of his law-school class and was inducted into the Order of the Coif.
Year Admitted to Practice
Other Professional Experience
Law Clerk to the Honorable Jeffrey P. Victory, Louisiana Supreme Court (2009-2010)
• Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana (J.D./D.C.L., 2009)
• Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana (B.A., 2006)
Law School Honors
Order of the Coif
Member, Louisiana Law Review
Magna Cum Laude
Professional, Business & Civic Affiliations
• Member, Louisiana State and New Orleans Bar Associations
• Member, Federal Bar Association
• Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
• AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated in Martindale-Hubbell
• Sabillon v. Max Specialty Ins. Co., 2014 WL 1028576 (La. App. 4th Cir. 3/12/14)
Representing an injured plaintiff on appeal, defended the lower court's award of $4.66 million in damages. The appellate court unanimously affirmed.
• Moreno v. Entergy Corp., 2012-0097 (La. 12/14/12), 105 So. 3d 40
Representing Entergy post-judgment in a case of first impression, obtained a unanimous reversal by the Louisiana Supreme Court of a lower-court opinion construing the Overhead Power Line Safety Act, La. R.S. 45:141-146, in a manner adverse to utility companies' interests.
• OceanConnect.com, Inc. v. M/V Fesco Angara, Slip Op., 2012 WL 3835098 (W.D. La. 2012)
Representing a multinational shipping company in an international maritime lien dispute with a vessel, obtained summary judgment against the vessel and the entry of substantial damages against it.
•Contogouris v. WestPac Resources, LLC (June 2012), judgment affirmed, Contogouris v. Pacific West Resources, L.L.C., 2013 WL 6623552 (5th Cir. 2013)
Representation of a company owned by a renowned actor/director in this $18 million federal securities-fraud case arising from the Gulf oil spill. The plaintiffs were actor Stephen Baldwin and another investor. After a two-week trial in the Eastern District of Louisiana (New Orleans), the jury rejected the plaintiffs’ claims in their entirety and awarded them nothing. The court then denied the plaintiffs’ motion for a new trial and ordered them to pay the defendants over $60,000 in court costs.
The U.S. Fifth Circuit affirmed the jury's verdict in its entirety.
• C.R. Pittman Construction Company, Inc. v. National Fire Insurance Company of Hartford, 453 Fed. Appx. 439 (5th Cir. 2011)
Enrolling on appeal to represent the plaintiff, successfully petitioned the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals to reverse a summary judgment dismissing a $4 million property-damage claim.
• Moreno v. Entergy Corp., 62 So. 3d 704 (La. 2011)
Representing Entergy post-judgment, successfully petitioned the Louisiana Supreme Court to unanimously reverse an appellate court ruling that had stricken Entergy's third-party demands against its statutory indemnitors.
• Dean v. Entergy Louisiana, L.L.C., 2010-887 (La. App. 5th Cir. 10/19/2010), 2010 WL 9447498
Representing Entergy post-judgment, successfully petitioned the appellate court to grant writs and reinstate Entergy's third-party demands against its statutory indemnitors; the appellate court declined to follow a precedent it had issued only weeks before.