Anders F. Holmgren
Mr. Holmgren's practice includes commercial litigation, insurance-coverage disputes, and civil appeals. At Tulane Law School, he concentrated his studies in Louisiana's civil law, earning a Civil Law Certificate. Mr. Holmgren served as a managing editor of the Tulane Law Review and was a student attorney with the Tulane Civil Litigation Clinic. Mr. Holmgren also enjoyed volunteering at the Pro Bono Project, and he was named 2011 Pro Bono Law Student of the Year.
Law School Activities and Honors
• Managing Editor, Tulane Law Review
• Participant, Tulane Civil Litigation Clinic
• Recipient, 2011 Pro Bono Student of the Year
• Recipient, 2011 Charles Janvier II Award for Production Excellence
Education and Honors
• Tulane University Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2012)
• University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.A., with distinction, 2006)
• Emigh v. West Calcasieu Cameron Hosp., 2013-2985 (La. 7/1/14), 2014 WL 2937095
Representing a plaintiff in a putative class action against a major health insurer, enrolled after the Louisiana Supreme Court granted the insurer's writ application and docketed the case for full review. After oral argument, prevailed in a 5-2 ruling that allowed the insured to sue the health insurer for contract liability arising from an in-network provider's balance-billing.
• In re West Feliciana Acquisition, L.L.C., 744 F.3d 352 (5th Cir. 2014)
Representing a national title insurer, successfully won on summary judgment the dismissal of a venture-capital firm's claim against the title insurer for reimbursement of its outstanding $10 million loan balance. The U.S. Fifth Circuit unanimously affirmed the judgment. Petitions for rehearing were denied.